I have a Mathematics BA from Oxford, and Theoretical Physics Msc from Imperial College in London. I work as a software engineer.
I'm interested in Philosophy, Poetry, Theology and Art; and I'm not interested in Gaming, nor SF, nor computers or IT as a way of life.
I'm also an occasionally practising artist & poet; my art is probably better than my poetry - although thats getting better. Poets I admire are Yeats, Lorca and Walcott.
Do you friend, know what it's all about? The sun, a picture of health hangs still as a citrus fruit on a calm day. Flinty reflections in glass staring back at you, imitating each mellow or awkward move - Narcissus would not have known.
Do you friend, know what its all about? Conversation hiding open-eyed deceit. Mustard oil for hasher-dim fried. Laughter with knives and smiles for the coup-de-grace. Persophone in spring may know.
And will we know what its all about? Forever losing the living situation, Our inorganic sense drags us under, as our organic sense makes us hunger.
- Mozibur Ullah, Mar 2013
"Those who read me know my conviction that the world, the temporal world, rests on a few very simple ideas; so simple that they must be as old as the hills. It rests notably, among others, on the idea of Fidelity". - Joseph Conrad
London, United Kingdom
Member for 6 years, 8 months
16 profile views
Last seen Mar 31 at 6:12
- Physics 9.3k 9.3k 44 gold badges2828 silver badges6767 bronze badges
- Politics 5.5k 5.5k 11 gold badge1818 silver badges3030 bronze badges
- Mathematics 5.4k 5.4k 1414 silver badges3838 bronze badges
- History of Science and Mathematics 2.5k 2.5k 88 silver badges1818 bronze badges
- Islam 1.6k 1.6k 55 gold badges2323 silver badges3838 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 54 What is the largest political entity that lacks legislative power?
- 48 Why does paper become translucent when smeared with oil but not (so much) with water?
- 47 Can the President of the United States ignore the Supreme Court?
- 42 Why did the World Bank set the global poverty line at $1.90?
- 42 What was Eisenhower's warning about?
- 36 How far away are we from probing Planck scale physics directly?
- 32 How is Gödel's incompleteness theorem interpreted in intuitionistic logic?
- View more network posts →