I am from a south indian "smartha" family who has had a meandering journey for the past 20 years in search of the answers to questions in life. In due course of the search, I moved away from the traditional smartha views to vaishnavism, and that journey went through a whole lot of other things. I used to be a lot more fanatic in my outlook and understanding but with time I have also come to a realized stand that people take to whatever path based on their karma dynamics and freewill.
This site has been a very valuable reading resource until few days back when I decided to join in and see how I can learn more and in the process contribute a little as well.
Top network posts
- 14 Who has the authority to change the procedure for vedic rituals and under what circumstances?
- 10 Who are the pseudo-advaitins referred to by Shringeri Acharya? Does Adi Shankara state characteristics of true advaitins?
- 9 What are the principal differences on siddhanta basics, and details, between tradional vedantists and neo-vedantists?
- 9 Is the "narayanam namaskrtya" benedictory initial stanza present in the critical editions of the Mahabharata?
- 8 Where can we find the description of how Maharaja Parikshith (as a baby) was saved by Sri Krishna?
- 7 What is the difference between a sloka and a mantra?
- 7 What is the initiation process for the Dvaita sampradaya? In what aspects does it differ from the Panchasamskara done by Srivaishnavas?
- View more network posts →