Since Mod has already replied and is accepted. Another POV in my answer, which is more specific to the "comment" in Qn.
Probably I am the rare one who think that the comment was Not rude or abusive or hurtful -- at least it's not obvious to me in anyway. It doesn't fall outside the "Be Nice" policy. That's why I asked in the Qn section, why this comment is found to be "mocking". The user hasn't made obvious anywhere.
My tolerance towards "hurtfulness" is probably bit high :-) I "might" find hurtful if following is done:
- Simple explanation is those idiots did not know. They were just speculating what might have caused creation
- Simple explanation is they did not know. Those morons were just speculating what might have caused creation
- Simple explanation is they did not know. Why are you asking such stupid Qn.
Calling names either to revered sages or the OP can be hurtful. In any case, we may always flag to the Mod for their review.
If we judge the edits based on "sentiments", then it's like overriding the SE policy.
SanAtana Dharma welcomes all kind of thinkings. As we all know, "Atheism" is also a part of it. If someone doesn't want to believe authority of XYZ, then they are free to do that, until their actions are in parliamentary way in this site. I don't think the user @sv., who is well aware of "be nice" policy, would want to break it. Suppose even if that user intends that, even then the choice of words is not poor and it cannot be termed as offensive.
This is just my thinking. It doesn't mean I disregard the opinions of others who finds that comment hurtful.
---Answer finishes here---
Bhagavad Gita is regarded as the highest -- not only in the hierarchy of sources cited for Hinduism.SE, but also in Indian supreme court & many philosophers. Because of its influential nature, many people try to be associated with it by "reverence" or "love" or "propagation" or "devotion".
Now many also try associating with it by "criticism" and "hatred".
All are true on their own path!
Krishna asking Arjuna to kill Bhishma & Drona during Gita [BG 11.34] -- didn't happen in physical sense.
- "Non believers" may criticise as -- Krishna just speculated, but it didn't happen
- "Believers" may defend as -- On the command of Krishna, Arjuna hurling weapons at Bhishma & Drona alone is enough that Arjuna slayed them. An insult to elders alone is enough to slay them, let alone exercising deadly weapons. [Reference: MahAbhArata]