Good question. If the site becomes popular, then possibly some learned people may get attracted to contribute here.
Should they cite scriptural sources?
Yes, if this is the rule for a normal user then it should apply for everyone. They may cite their own work only as an add on resource, not as main. Here I am not talking about superficial equality. Rather it should make sure that the site doesn't loose its neutral stance. If we allow otherwise, then below issues can happen:
- Become another platform for their self promotion.
- What if multiple Guru-s active in SE, have contradictory views to each other in their own works? We require neutral source in such case.
- SE doesn't have special authentication or profile verification method like Quora, FB, Twitter. Hence at 1st, every user should be seen with neutral point.
- By not citing other scriptures, they put themselves in questionable situation from some users; such as: Haven't they read others' scriptures? If they have read, then aren't they respecting others' scriptures?
Should they be given extra reputation?
Fine personally with me, even though it may not be practically possible from SE network. Here are few counter points:
- Reputation is merely an indicator of activity & agreement. It does not represent knowledge, necessarily. This is mentioned in many meta posts. If they are not active enough then, what's the point in giving them extra rep? If they are active, then rep will automatically increase as time passes.
- This may also give unwanted importance to concept of "reputation".
- As above point 3, SE may not have verification method. Hence difficult to give 1k just by looking at name. Usually SE gives 101 to active network users, which is fair to start with.
- They may not require tools coming up with reputation increase, unless they understand the network. Some Guru-s, may not be interested in such tools at 1st place.
In any case, those Guru-s may not edit others' Q&A or do moderation, from day One. Even if they want to do, let it go through approval chain, which will in turn give them +2.
Since they are coming up with their own thinking, their primary interest should be to answer the queries. So, giving away 1k reputation may not be needed.