As we know, Hinduism.SE is now two years old. It's been a great journey till now, and am looking to make it even better. I will need your help, i.e users of Hinduism.SE to make it even more better.
I've posted such questions before as well and wanted to post one more as we have new members joining Hinduism.SE family.
Talking about help, what I need from you is to use your privileges granted to you when you get x number of reputation. As your reputation increases, you are granted certain privileges by StackExchange which can be used to keep our site clean, on topic, and a good resource for one to refer to.
How can you use your privileges in the right way? Carry below actions to keep our community on topic, helpful, clean.
- Edit questions and answers, correct spelling errors, grammatical errors, add a reference, and so on...
- Flag spam, abusive, low quality posts so that moderators can take appropriate actions.
- Review posts in the review queue, accept edits made by other users if they are helpful
- Write canonical posts, you can answer your own questions and share your knowledge with others.
- Flag comments if users are done discussing over particular topic on a particular post.
- Help others by commenting, tell them whats wrong with their question or answer, ask them to share references. The reason we ask for references is because Hinduism is a vast topic, where one particular thing has multiple stories behind it, me or you might know whats the right one, but non hindu people looking for particular information will be confused, and we surely don't want to give that user experience when they visit our site.
So it's our responsibility as one Hinduism family to keep our site on topic, tidy, informative, helpful and interesting. Make this happen and we might get out of beta. If our site generates low quality posts every time, that day won't be far when we get a mail saying that SE is shutting down our website.
Below are the statistics am sharing with you (as of when I am writing this post), I want to see better numbers here and it is only possible if you help us out.
+------+--------------+ |3,325 | questions | |4,032 | answers | |70% | answered | |4,189 | users | |5,099 | visitors/day | +------+--------------+