This discussion is neither intended for the few novice users who post low quality answers nor for actually "not an answer" kind of posts. Rather it's intended for the situations, where moderators end up deleting a post from an active user who is well versed about site rules.
Suggestion: For the posts which are not straight forward candidate for deletion/closure, the moderators may comment under the post & give some time for improvement & discussion. Then it should be followed by the deletion/closing.
- If moderator discusses the probable problem under the post itself, then it remains local. It doesn't go public at all if such comments are deleted later once the issue is resolved.
- When the user has to come to general chatroom or ask a Q in meta like this, then the issue becomes public. The user will get away easily, but it will raise eyebrows against moderator, even though Mod might be right
Why this Q?
There might be multiple instances, however I will describe about my answer being deleted:
What does Hindu scripture say about class hierarchy?
(1) Mod wanted to know about "compatibility of Hinduism and communism" as per comment, but the OP doesn't ask that part anywhere. OP has bit generalized it to "the religion" in very last statement. Nevertheless assuming that "religion = Hinduism" (which is actually not true), I have answered both the things as seen in my last paragraph above.
(2) Now read the first line of OP's (apparently wrong) understanding about "caste system in scriptures". That's also answered here:
(3) Next, OP wants to know whether the "caste system" can be followed in classless society. Though he/she doesn't want to know about "castes", but welcomes contexts. That part is also answered:
(4) Lastly the title of the Q. This is where the complete context is needed, because OP is actually pointing towards "division system", misinterpreting as "caste system". That part is also answered with proper analogies.
Objectively, I don't feel anything which was not answered. Scriptures were also backed up. To reduce the length, other 2 answers were linked inside that answer.
Upon discussing this with the moderator in their chatroom, I failed to convince. Ofcourse many may agree or disagree with me. But this is definitely a case which is not worthy of "straight away delete".
Another request: Kindly don't bring personal disliking for something as a decision maker. e.g., there are few foreigner's questions (including this) who felt that "Hinduism" promotes "caste-ism". It's our moral responsibility to clarify to them, that sane Hindus never believed in such rotten system either. Some people may really like "caste-system", which is not wrong. But this should not be a basis of deleting or closing anything. One can always down vote.