MOOD : I'm not angry, this is set of quotes with humble suggestions and informations, don't read it in angry way.
I don't know why someone would have upvoted my questions, but why would someone just change his mind and start unupvoting and downvoting, sometimes it seems strategic.
If someone has problem, there's always a solution, but there's no expression or reasoning behind. It hurts not because I'm loosing rep(I will gain nothing with the reps in my life), but I'm not able to understand my faults.
I would like to request members of the community to be responsible.
- Its good upvoting and downvoting QA, but giving reason will always help the user to do better.
- Try not to inject your personal feelings in the QA, its open to all, you liked the question, but you didn't like the person, so you downvoted him, this shouldn't happen, it will degrade the overall rep of community
- I would rather suggest to simply flag the question which you feel offensive/needing mod help, rather downvoting them, question are questions, if you find structural mistakes either edit them or ask the asker to compromise with his writing skills.
Why I'm concerned ? I'm attaching a screenshot of my reputation, I'm not at all concerned about anyone not liking my questions or answers, but the path the list shows, it seems someone saw my profile, he felt disgraced(I don't know what I wrote on that), and then he started looking at my questions and answers, he found, 'What I upvoted his question?', and then he unupvoted it. This resembles Targeting.
This can be the case of anyone here, I have a strict suggestion to people, please stop bother yourself whose behind question or answering, use your free will but please, if you find question potential enough give them credit, they can be the part of helping someone else(if correctly interpreted). One of our member has also gone through similar instance.
But How can it be Termed as Targeting ?
- Those posts are old, you need to search them to get to them, they even don't come in first five pages of QA.
- Most are unupvotes, why would someone just change his/her mind.
- Because of my liberal views which I suggest above, I usually don't downvote, until I find it very strict to do so, and being strict, I try to reason with the person whom I downvoted, clearly mentioning myself being the downvoter.
- The question on which I'm unupvoted, are very old, meaning, the person who did that belongs to the older generation of the site, more experienced or in equal experience to me. A not expected thing from a responsible guy.
Is this a problem of the Community ? I'm seeing we are maturing, people are adding up.Due to the growth its becomes more responsible for old guys, to carry forward the Hinduism.SE values to new before deciding, I have suggestion to New as well as Old members.
To New Members : We are here to gain knowledge, not to gain rep, don't be disheartened if someone doesn't like your answer or question, world consist of liberal people, everyone has his own thought value and we should respect that. Don't start a war in here. Even a downvote cost less than a upvote, SE is well made and maintained.
To Old Members : You will come accross with people with mearge knowledge, but we know, they are here to increase that. We should not show our disrespect towards them. Everyone needs everyone's help. I'm a stupid person and I know that, but I want to wash It away and that could only be done by experienced and knowledgeable hands. It feels bad if an experienced fellow member does such. Because older people are always responsible to take the community to a direction, its always their will which direction they choose.
End Note : Sorry if I hurt someone, my intentions are pure, I cannot prove them though. I'm not a perfect human not even close to it, and I'm in support of a notion that 'I can be completley wrong about my ideology for the unupvotes?', but in case I'm right and if these types of things are happening and kept happening, can result in non responsive members, and will somehow play a part in communities rep loss.