Because the comment was creating NOISE.
I had flagged your comment under my answer with following:
User is imposing own thinking on OP without any credible source. In the Qn section, it's already debated that the question is on-topic. Without any meta discussion or proof, this comment is noise.
There are many of your comments under the question of similar tone as the deleted comment which is now inaccessible, so putting one of them for the reference:
The question is its on-topicness. This is not a question of Hinduism but a country. Our site is not confined to a country. She is not a religious figure or a goddess to encourage a question about her. She is "mother". Answering off-topic questions is a bad. It only encourages more and more questions like these. practice I don't believe a statement from scripture, how can I believe a false statement from wiki? Your answer is wrong and contradicts reality. It may stir up controversy as it is limiting Bharat mata to a single religion. Don't do such things. It affects site's credibility as well. [comment]
If answer is wrong then downvote and move on. What do you mean by "single religion". This site is only about "Hinduism". What has this question to do with the reality, controversy, site credibility etc.? Such fears are misplaced.
Though OP had accepted my answer, later it seems he reversed it considering constant pressure from you in so many comments. OP urged you:
@Sarvabhouma please don't try to criticise me, After having a conversation with you, I myself had hit the flag to delete my question, someone tries to give me answer on I ask a question and I feel this is really clear my doubts then I accepted, What did I do wrong? [comment]
IMO, the OP who is only 4 months into the site, may have felt threatened by bitter user experience being created by too many comments. Must be Avoided in future. One should not be dictating the terms to other users of what to accept and what to vote. Even Mods also don't interfere these much. Just keep the user informed via chatroom in a non-commanding way.
It's worth discussing the OP's post to be opened/closed, because all your comments are founded on an assumption that the question itself is off topic.
Here are few points to show why it's On-topic:
- The depiction of "Bharat mata" is identical to many goddesses and hence it's natural curiosity if such goddess exists or not; Even one answer says "NO" as well
- There is a temple in Benaras, which is inaugurated by saintly figure - Mahatma Gandhi, who was also part of independence movement
- We cannot compare her with other figures trivially due to her history of reverence for several decades if not centuries
- The question is not about "India" or "Bharat"; rather it just happens to be associated with culture and geographical identity; "Hindu" is also geographical identity at its core; & we are in "Hinduism.SE"
- Tags culture and history suit such questions
We all have mismatch of opinions in open/close of posts. But in this case, I feel pity for those who closed this particular question -- ironically on the independence day!