For more information on elected members as moderators, refer Moderator Pro Tempore Announcement
As we are now in Public Beta, its time to discuss on Who should the moderators be? one of the most important point from The 7 Essential Meta Questions of Every Beta.
Before moving on with nomination information/rules I would like the users to read Moderator Pro Tempore.
Coming to the information over nomination, Deep engagement in the community's development is required for all temporary moderator candidates.
All potential candidates must have :
- Have a reasonably high reputation score to indicate active, consistent participation.
- Show an interest in their meta’s community-building activities.
- Lead by example, showing patience and respect for their fellow community members in everything they write.
- Exhibit those intangible traits discussed in A Theory of Moderation.
Bonus points for:
- Members with participation in both meta and the parent site (i.e. interest in both community building and expertise in the field).
- Area 51 participation, social network referrals, or blogging about the site.
- Members who have already shown an interest or ability to promote their community.
Candidates will be contacted and three of them will be selected to act as provisional Moderators until the community holds formal elections after the Beta period. Besides the normal abilities of a Moderator, they will:
- Have access to a special chat room where we will collectively work through the challenges of moderation and community self-policing.
- Organize the process of selecting the site’s attributes (domain names, design issues, the [help center], etc.).
- Rally community support and drive the mission of getting publicity for the site.
Essentially, they will have the ear of the Stack Exchange team for anything we can do to help their sites succeed!
Rules for Nominating users to serve as moderators for the public beta
For each user that you would like to nominate,
- Post an answer containing the URLs to both of the user's main and meta profiles on this site
- Optionally, link to the user's Area 51 profile or a profile from another site, or add a reason why you'd like him/her to moderate during beta
- Self-Nominations (i.e. posting your own profiles) are allowed and even encouraged
- Post each user as a separate answer, and add multiple answers if you wish to nominate multiple users
Additionally, if someone nominates you, please edit the answer to indicate your approval (or declination). Optionally, add a paragraph or two about yourself.
If you downvote a particular nomination, you are encouraged to share why you did so in the comments, though you are not required to do so. Optionally, you may do the same for upvotes.
Some parts adapted from meta.softwarerecs.stackexchange.com
Note : Unlike other Beta websites where the users are generic, this one will mostly attract Indian users. As our Private Beta was extended unfortunately because of the lack of Quality Content, I would like the users to vote the candidates wisely.