When an answer doesn't cite a source, below steps are followed:
- Users flag the answer to Moderator's attention; Moderator will add a banner to that answer, as suggested here: What kind of banners (notices) do we use?
- After few days, even if the answer doesn't provide source, then the Moderator may delete that answer depending on re-flagging from the users, as suggested here: Official policy for deleting answers that don't cite sources
Now, many answers are posted without sources & it's trivial to determine that. A flag with "No sources; add banner" -- to Mod with description is just boilerplate work. Shouldn't we automate the step-1 from above?
I suggest following:
- Add an answer flag for "Source not cited"
- Optionally if possible add an auto comment, "Welcome to Hinduism ... Answer should be backed up ..." -- at least for less reputation users
- If N [=2 or 3] users raise the same flag, the appropriate banner is added automatically
- The flag to Mod has to be raised only if the answerer wants to dispute for removal of banner
This feature is very much required for the sites like ours, which demands source backup with an answer.